Hi, I'm (Kinda) Keto.

Homemade Spinach Feta Meatballs with Marinara Sauce and Sauteed Asparagus

I began cooking and eating Low Carb / Keto on Saturday, 9/21. As of today, 9/25 - I'm down 6.6lbs, from my starting weight of 250.8lbs.

Like many across this great land and specifically those with barbell club memberships, I'm giving the Low Carb / Keto lifestyle a try. I am addicted to all things processed carbohydrate (with a pre-diabetic diagnosis to show for it). Looking back at my historic MyFitnessPal tracked meals, there's no question that I've enjoyed a very carb and sugar-forward diet. And, I think it's time to switch it up a bit.

As I continue to experiment, learn and grow in my continued quest for better health and wellness, I hope to see and share how I might survive on a primarily high fat, veggie, protein, and moderate healthy carb intake regimen.The picture up top is one of the meals I recently prepared. I'll be sure to share much more on this new journey!

Dinner | Spinach and Feta Meatballs with Asparagus (Yum!)
Meal Macros: Fat: 52% | Protein: 34% | Carbs: 11% | Net Carbs: 11 g
This recipe was easy, quick, economical and had so much flavor! While the recipe called for breadcrumbs, I used minimal. Omitting them all together would have resulted in a hamburger-like texture, which I didn't want. I also subbed Ground Turkey with Ground Beef. 

Are you currently following a Low Carb or Keto lifestyle? If so, what have been your experiences so far? I'd love to know!

No comments